Her friends shared their brief pilgrimage on social media.
The trip, documented on Stevens’ Instagram account, began with a video made from the car ride. Raquel explains that it’s a “very special day,” to which Gomez adds happily, “Pope!”
Gomez can be seen approaching the security checkpoints to enter St. Peter’s Square, dressed in a black dress with a veil. While the attire was appropriate for the event, she had to be hot under that summer sun.
Henrie posted his interaction with Pope Francis on his own Instagram page, commenting, “I learned one very important request in italian for the Pope to pray for me and my wife… Such an amazing experience today and this trip.”
Elle.com reminds us that while celebrities meeting the pope makes the news, you don’t have to be a celebrity to meet Pope Francis. He holds papal audiences every Wednesday, where thousands gather each week to hear the Pope speak, pray along side him, and receive his blessing.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!