Twitters users share virtual memorials to recognize the many we lost 17 years ago.
One Twitter user writes, “Americans cried together. Americans grieved together. But most importantly, on that day, we came together. We are stronger together.”
The U.S. Navy shared a video of the flag unfurling in honor of those who died in the attacks:
Meanwhile, Mayor Greg Fischer called us to recall the “courage, resilience, and compassion” that followed great tragedy, and honored all first responders who serve us every day:
You can see more here.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!