The thoughtful boys tried to fill the massive void of their father who’d passed away a few years before the big day.
Sadly, not all brides get to experience this rite of passage, like Kaley West whose father died unexpectedly three years before her big day. But Kaley still has five thoughtful brothers, who got together to ensure their father’s spirit would still be present during her celebration.
The brothers surprised their sister by planning to take turns dancing with Kaley to the touching Michael Bolton song “Fathers and Daughters,” pieced together with a voiceover of their dad, Dave, from numerous home videos. It’s irresistible viewing that will make you want to go and hold on tight to all the men in your life. This is what it means to have a sibling — all the fighting and rivalry aside.
On hearing her dad’s voice say: “I love her very much. Eighteen hundred times worth,” Kaley dissolved into tears. But she took great comfort in knowing her father was very much there in spirit. And the video has touched everybody who’s heard it, including Michael Bolton, who after seeing the video for himself tweeted: “I’m so humbled and honored that the West brothers choose my song… their video brought me to tears.”
But Kaley and her brothers feel there is a wider message. As she explained to KUTV: “This video isn’t about me or my family; it’s about the most important thing in life, which is our loved ones. I want it to be a reminder that you are never alone. Love transcends beyond the physical body.”
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!