The prayer asks God to intercede and secure a “calm atmosphere.”
Depending on our circumstances, this can have catastrophic effects and completely change our lives around. It’s not easy when such a storm comes our way and we may feel helpless to stop it.
Yet we can pray to God, asking him, if it is his will, to calm the storm that is approaching. He did this while on earth, such as the calming of the waves at sea when he was with the apostles. God is the creator and sustainer of the universe and can easily calm a storm, unless it serves a particular purpose in his divine plan.
Below is a short prayer to God against severe weather, asking him to calm the atmosphere that threatens us.
Graciously hear us, O Lord, when we call upon You,
and grant unto our supplications a calm atmosphere,
that we, who are justly afflicted for our sins,
may, by Your protecting mercy, experience pardon.
Through Christ our Lord.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!