From saints and writers to presidents and actors, see what putting pen to paper did for these well known men and women.
We looked to some well-known pen pals — there aren’t too many in recent years! — to see how putting thoughts down on paper can shape lives. Many of these friendships lasted years, forging lifelong bonds, influencing careers, strengthening spiritual lives, and even ending in marriage! Click on launch slideshow to get inspired to dig out your favorite pen and get writing!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!