A look at the distribution of Catholics by population.
While the Middle East gave rise to Catholicism, and the Romans helped to spread it through Europe, the majority of the world was introduced to the Word of Christ by way of European missionaries. Although the social position of the church has changed since the Middle Ages, the faith remains a strong, guiding force in the lives of so many.
Launch the slideshow to see the Top Ten Most Catholic Countries in the World:
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!