The Bible offers us many passages that are perfect meditations for Lent.
This isn’t easy, of course, but some spiritual encouragement helps to make it a reality.
One way to do this is through spiritual reading, especially reading particular books of the Bible. While the entire Bible is God’s Word, certain books are especially perfect for Lent.
These books focus on our current fallen condition, but remind us of the mercy of God, urging us to trust in a God who loves us and provides for our every need.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!