A new ABC News video shows what was saved and was lost.
In the video, the first to be broadcast since the devastating fire of April 15, 2019, ABC News’ David Muir tours the inside of the cathedral, where the charred remains of the ancient’s church’s spire can still be seen. While so much has been lost, so much, somehow, remains, offering hope that one day, Notre Dame will be restored to its original grandeur.
Watch this teaser of Muir’s tour through Notre Dame Cathedral.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!