Master, it is well that we are here …
Using the text of the preface, we can pray this prayer to Our Transfigured Lord:
You revealed your glory in the presence of your three chosen witnesses
and filled your bodily form — the body you share with all of humanity — with greatest splendor.
The revelation of such splendor could erase the scandal of the Cross in the hearts of your disciples.
May it also remove that scandal from my own heart, and make me truly aware that the suffering of the Cross united to you is nothing compared to the suffering of the world.
You showed the glory that will be fulfilled in the Body of the Church, as it so wonderfully shone forth first from you as Head.
With Peter, the rock and the first guarantor of our unity, we proclaim: Master, it is well that we are here. We hear the Father inviting us to listen.
Continue to appoint me as one of your chosen witnesses. Enable us to do as the Father has bid us, opening our hearts that we might always listen to you.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!