The archangel is known for his ability to assist those who are in need of illumination.
If you are at that point in your life and are living by a small thread of faith, consider praying to God through the intercession of St. Gabriel. Angels have been appointed by God to be messengers to us and an aid in our every need. In particular, St. Gabriel is often associated with topics of knowledge and can clear those doubts away.
Here is a short prayer that should be prayed with a contrite heart, asking God to illuminate the darkness in your mind. The prayer is based on a private revelation approved by the Church that was received by a Franciscan sister named Mother Mariana on January 20, 1610 in Ecuador.
Dear St. Gabriel, celestial ambassador of the Incarnation of the Divine Word, illuminate my intelligence so that I may know and understand the truths of our Catholic Faith. Erase all of my doubts that I might have in regards to God’s mercy and justice. Amen.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!