Don’t forget to ask God to heal your soul and bring peace back into your life.
Often we have made many mistakes in our lives, and for these wounds, we need Jesus’ healing touch.
Here is a short prayer adapted from A Manual of Prayers for the Use of the Catholic Laity that asks God for spiritual healing, something that we all need.
O Jesus, Healer of our souls, O Lord of Life. Heal me, heal me of my spiritual sickness, You are long-suffering and of tender mercy; heal me, O Lord Jesus Christ.
Accept my supplications, O Holy Spirit, unto whom every heart is open, every desire known, and from whom no secret is hid, and who gives life to our souls; hear and answer, O Spirit of God.
O Heavenly Father, who wills not that any sinner should perish, give me true repentance for this my sins.
O merciful God, pity and forgive me for Jesus’ sake.
Your eyes, O God, are as a flame of fire searching my inmost heart. O pardon my sin, for it is great!
Blessed Jesus, speak for me, plead for me, and grant my soul healing. Amen.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!