Ask God to heal the wounds of division and bring all those in the Church together in a peaceful union.
Here is a short prayer adapted from the Golden Manual that seeks a similar healing of division and a unity within the Church. When we are united, Christians can offer a much better witness to God’s mercy and love than when they are divided and always fighting. Let us place the Church in the hands of God and let him bring together his precious flock.
O God, who are the giver of peace and lover of charity, grant to your servants true concord and union with your holy will, that we may be delivered from all temptations which assault us and united in our desire to follow you. Heal all divisions and may all of us return to the unity of your truth as one flock under one shepherd. Amen.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!