She discussed her faith two years ago in Esquire:
I’m a new Catholic. I love the church; I love Mass. I go every morning at 6:30. When I’m on the right track spiritually and emotionally, things happen in my life. It’s mysterious.
Meanwhile, a report from the 1990s noted that at the time she was taking instruction in the Catholic faith so she could convert before marrying photographer, Terry O’Neill.
(I’m not entirely sure it’s accurate for her to describe herself as “a devout Catholic since the beginning of my career,” since her career began in the 1960’s and she didn’t enter the Church formally until 30 years later…)
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!