Details from The Daily Caller:
A group of reported Islamic State terrorists destroyed a Catholic church in what appears to be the Philippines, according to footage released by the ISIS-affiliated Amaq news agency Sunday.
The video shows several members of the terrorist group entering the church and proceeding to destroy the various icons and vestments inside. They later pile up various pictures, texts and other religious paraphernalia near the altar and set them on fire before leaving the building.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!