I was happy to receive this note this morning from Deacon Kevin Cody, one of the newly ordained:
The Most Reverend Peter A. Libasci, Bishop of Manchester, ordained 10 men to the Permanent Diaconate on Saturday, September 9.
“The entire Church is called by Christ to serve others,” said Bishop Libasci. “But these men, by virtue of their sacramental ordination and through their various ministries, are special witnesses to the service of God’s people. I am profoundly grateful to them and to their wives and families for their commitment to our Church and to our world in imitation of Christ, who came ‘to serve and not to be served.’”
The ten men ordained on Saturday are:
1) Dc. Kevin Cody, of Manchester, assigned to serve at Saint Marie Parish, Manchester.
2) Dc. Karl Cooper, of Manchester, assigned to serve at St. Joseph Cathedral Parish, Manchester.
3) Dc. Joseph Dion, of Manchester, assigned to serve at St. Thomas Aquinas Parish, Derry.
4) Dc. Leland Fastnacht, of Salem, assigned to serve at St. Matthew Parish, Windham.
5) Dc. Richard Hilton, of Wolfeboro, assigned to serve at St. Katharine Drexel Parish, Alton.
6) Dc. Stephen Kaneb, of South Hampton, assigned to serve at Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Parish, Hampton.
7) Dc. Fintan Moore, of Keene, assigned to serve at Parish of the Holy Spirit, Keene.
8) Dc. Randy O’Neill, of Westford, MA, assigned to serve at St. John XXIII Parish, Nashua.
9) Dc. Terry Sullivan, of Hampstead, assigned to serve at St. Joseph Parish, Epping.
10) Dc. Lam Tran, of Manchester, assigned to serve at St. Anne – St. Augustin Parish, Manchester
Congratulations and welcome, brothers! Ad multos annos!
Photo: Jeff Dachowski
"Since you are here...
…we'd like to have one more word with you. More and more of you are reading Aleteia, and we are excited to be a part of your life! Our team proves its mission every day by working to encourage and inspire Christian life. We want our articles to be accessible to everyone, free of charge — but quality journalism has a cost...more than ads can cover. To continue our efforts to nourish and inspire our Catholic family, your support is invaluable.