Doing a routine search, I uncovered the happy news that 11 men were ordained deacons for the Diocese of Biloxi in Mississippi late last month. The diocesan website has the pictures shown here, but no details. Anybody have any names or info to share?
Meantime, congratulations and welcome, brothers! Ad multos annos!
UPDATE: Just got this e-mail from Deacon Ralph Torrelli, Director, Deacons Continuing Education and Homiletics Instructor, Diocese of Biloxi. He writes:
This is our 2013 class – they started as aspirants in 2009 then 3 years of academics in the Diocese. They were ordained June 23, 2013.
They are: Front row from left: Gerald Norris, Mike Saxer, Karl Koberger, Bishop Roger Morin, Robert Illane, and Gerald Pickich.
Back Row from left: Edwardo Ramos, Norbert Lloyd, David Allen, Milton (Stan) Standridge, Truett Roberts, and Randy Duke.
Our 2016 class has 10 men starting their 3 years of academics this August. They will celebrate Rite of Candidacy at Mass on August 18, 2013.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!