Two Catholic bishops passed away on the same day after they lost their battle with cancer.
Bishops Leopoldo Tumulak of the Military Ordinariate of the Philippines and Rodolfo Beltran of San Fernando in La Union died on Saturday in separate hospitals in Manila.
Tumulak, 72, succumbed to a short battle with pancreatic cancer at 1:26pm at the Cardinal Santos Hospital where he was rushed on Friday evening.
Six hours later, Beltran died after a brief confinement at the University of Sto. Tomas Hospital. He was 68.
The bishop lost his battle to prostate cancer which he had been suffering for the past few years.
Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them…
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!