A wonderful way to pay homage to the newborn King.
The crèche is a place where, on Christmas day we must proclaim our faith in a God of love, a God who wished to become one of us to save us. On this December 25th, let us recite this beautiful Nativity prayer, “O Sweet Child of Bethlehem” by Pope Saint John XXIII (1881-1963), who was pope from 1958-1963.
O sweet Child of Bethlehem,
grant that we may share with all our hearts
in this profound mystery of Christmas.
Put into the hearts of men and women this peace
for which they sometimes seek so desperately,
and which You alone can give them.
Help them to know one another better,
and to live as brothers and sisters,
children of the same Father.
Awaken in their hearts
love and gratitude for Your infinite goodness.
Join them all together in Your love.
And give them Your heavenly peace,
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!