To start your day on the right note, use this prayer that comes from St. Therese of the Child Jesus.
“But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love” (Ps 59: 16)
There is nothing better than praying as soon as you wake up in the morning, to dedicate your day to the Lord. A Morning Offering allows us to begin our day on a positive note and to face all the difficulties with God’s help. In the course of centuries, saints have composed many morning prayers. This is one among them, by St. Teresa of Child Jesus:
O my God! I offer Thee all my actions of this day for the intentions and for the glory of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I desire to sanctify every beat of my heart, my every thought, my simplest works, by uniting them to His infinite merits; and I wish to make reparation for my sins by casting them into the furnace of His merciful love. O my God, I ask of Thee for myself and for those dear to me the grace to fulfill perfectly Thy holy will, to accept, for love of Thee, the joys and sorrows of this passing life, so that we may one day be united together in Heaven for all eternity.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!