America’s role critical in restoring Israeli peace process, king says.
The California Republican and the king reviewed recent developments in the region, especially the regional and international efforts exerted to reach a final end to what the paper termed Israeli aggression in Gaza. King Abdullah indicated that it is within this context that America’s role is critical in creating circumstances that are conducive to restoring the momentum of the peace process and contributing to attain a permanent solution to the Palestinian issue according to the two-state solution.
The king then turned to the repercussions of the Syrian crisis on neighboring states and the region as a whole, and the recent developments in Iraq. He reiterated his assurance of Jordan’s position of support and called for a comprehensive political solution to the Syrian crisis. He further reiterated that he supports everything that bolsters the unity and consensus of the Iraqi people.
Likewise, he discussed bilateral cooperative relationships between the two countries and the dedication to strengthening those relationships in a variety of fields. The king expressed his appreciation for the support that the United States has provided to Jordan in implementing development programs in different sectors.
The Jordanian Ambassador to the United States, Alia Hatoug Bouran, also attended the meeting.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!