The Piano Guys have a message: struggle has meaning and grace helps us overcome
The Piano Guys wanted to reflect the same message in their own musical version of the famous hymn “Amazing Grace,” which speaks to the purpose of struggle and the role grace plays in our ability to overcome affliction.
Making this video was itself a huge struggle for the group. They wanted to film in Scotland, which for them was the perfect place to depict the dichotomy between grace and struggle, and to incorporate the Scottish pipe and drum, “the ultimate conveyors of melody and cadence.” But they had to postpone their trip several times, and many things kept falling through. The musicians persevered, and they say grace made it all possible.
They dedicated this video to those fighting for their lives — “superheroes [who] don’t wear capes but wear a smile under villainous pressure — those who have been through so many defining moments that they are intimately acquainted with grace and know it to be close cousins with hope.”
Zoe Romanowsky is lifestyle editor and video content producer for Aleteia.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!