We’ve been fighting for so long. Now the victory is won.
Is This the First Electronic Dance Music Video by a Catholic Priest? It’s certainly the first we’ve heard of. Fr. Rob Galea, who is becoming something of a regular here at Cecilia, extends beyond his usual Christian rock and worship music with his latest release: “Breakthrough.”
The lyrics speak of perseverance in prayer: “We’ve been fighting for so long, now the victory is won. Not gonna let it go. We will stand upon the rock and there’s nothing that will stop this wave from breaking through.”
With YouTube comments like “I don’t believe, but I can’t deny that this is good music,” it would seem that “Breakthrough” was a success. What do you think, is Catholic electronic dance music a hit or miss?
To keep up with the latest from Fr. Rob, follow him on Facebook.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!