“Reproductive rights” is an egregious misnomer, Cheers star says
The Emmy-winning actor, known for his roles in Frasier and Cheers, told The Times of the UK that he is unapologetically pro-life, LiveAction News and other media reported.
“Little makes me angry, but injustice does,” Grammer said in the July 1 interview. “It gets a bit dishonest to call something reproductive rights when you clearly have a choice well before a baby is conceived.”
Anticipating the objection that rape, at least, is a justification for abortion, he commented, “If someone has to die as a result of rape, then we should kill the rapist — not the unborn child.“
Grammar, who attended the 2016 March for Life and the 2015 National Right to Life Convention, last fall was seen wearing a pro-life T-shirt showing the image of a pistol and the words “Would it bother us more if they used guns? Abort73.”
In previous years, Grammer identified himself as pro-choice, but he converted to the pro-life cause roughly six years ago, according to reports.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!