If you’ve never heard of Friar Alessandro, hold onto your socks
There are so many good things in this video, we’re not sure where to start. The scenes of Friar Alessandro singing in monastic rooms or in front of gorgeous landscapes is breathtaking and comforting. The orchestration is intricate and full with a Romantic 19th-century styling. Most impressive of all are Friar Alessandro’s dominant performance and his easy smile.
With such obvious talent, it’s easy to see why Friar Alessandro has become the first religious brother to land an international record contract. We couldn’t be more relieved, since hiding a voice like this in a friary would seem almost sinful. We can’t wait to hear more from Friar Alessandro.
Follow Cecilia–Aleteia’s music page–on Facebook!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!