“Know that you can change the world.”
Believe me sometimes it’s so hard to believe
Debbi is a relatively new singer who sprang onto the European music scene after appearing on Czech and Slovak SuperStar, on which she made it to the semi-final round. Since then she has released three full length albums and her song “Touch the Sun” won “Song of the Year” at the 2010 Anděl Awards.
She has a folk rock sound that is not afraid to be minimalist, as heard here. “Hard to Believe” explores the difficulties of maintaining one’s faith in the modern world. It centers around the idea that we can each change the world if we could only believe it, but that belief is hard to maintain.
Debbi has collaborated with Czech rapper/poet Lipo. She was invited to be the new lead singer of Marcell’s band No Distance Paradise, but will continue her solo work as well.
Follow Cecilia–Aleteia’s music page–on Facebook!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!