... if you begin and begin again, you are doing well.
Sometimes life seems to be falling down around us, if not in our personal lives, then in the world itself.
For the days when we just can’t seem to get it together, these five quotes from the saint celebrated today, St. Josemaria Escriva (1902-1975), can help:
- Remember this and never forget it: even if it should seem at times that everything is collapsing, nothing is collapsing at all, because God doesn’t lose battles.
- Rest in divine filiation. God is a Father — your Father! — full of warmth and infinite love. Call him Father frequently and tell him, when you are alone, that you love him, that you love him very much!, and that you feel proud and strong because you are his son.
- My little friend, say to him: Jesus, knowing that I love you and that you love me, nothing else matters: all is well.
- Persevere along your way no matter what happens; persevere, cheerfully and optimistically, because the Lord is bent on sweeping aside all obstacles. Hear me well: I am quite certain that if you struggle, you will be a saint!
- For a son of God each day should be an opportunity for renewal, knowing for sure that with the help of grace he will reach the end of the road, which is Love. That is why if you begin and begin again, you are doing well. If you have a will to win, if you struggle, then, with God’s help, you will conquer! There will be no difficulty you cannot overcome!
These quotes and more on the theme of encouragement can be found here.
If you haven’t met Elizabeth of the Trinity yet, here’s why you should