Another gentle hymn from their 800-year-anniversary album.
“This Virgin Kept Her Faith” was released on their 2016 album, 800 Years of Gospel Mercy. The album was produced in honor of the Jubilee Year of Mercy called for by Pope Francis. 2016 was also the 800-year anniversary of the Dominican Order.
Only a few sisters sing on the recordings, but the congregation is quite large, numbering 305 sisters as of 2017. They are one of the largest congregations in the United States and have strong ties to their local community, where they teach children.
The Nashville Dominicans are a group of Dominican teaching nuns from the Congregation of St. Cecilia, in Nashville, Tennessee. The group began as the convent choir and their proximity to Nashville led them to the recording studios. The Nashville Dominicans have recorded 2 albums, both of which they make available to listen to on their website.
Follow Cecilia–Aleteia’s music page–on Facebook!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!