The concert was a benefit for the victims of the 2010 Haitian earthquake.
The event was held in the ancient Roman Colosseum and featured many celebrities who are affiliated with the Foundation, including Sir Elton John, Sharon Stone, Steven Tyler, Antonio Banderas, Sumi Jo, 2Cellos, and — shown in this video — Anastasiya Petryshak. Bocelli sang in front of a 100-piece orchestra, which played many of his hits.
Petryshak joined Bocelli for “Nelle Tue Mani,” from his 2015 album, Cinema. The tune is a mashup of various themes from the Oscar winning film Gladiator, set to original lyrics. The duo soar over the orchestra, providing the emotional high notes as the instruments cycle through the familiar movie score.
Anastasiya Petryshak is Bocelli’s go-to violinist. Since she was 15, she has accompanied Bocelli in recordings and on tour. This partnership has given her incredible exposure, which has led to work with some of the top names in the classical music industry.
Follow Cecilia–Aleteia’s music page–on Facebook!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!