The special program will air on Sunday, October 22, on Salt and Light TV.
In preparation for the synod Pope Francis wrote a letter to young people, explaining how he wants to hear their struggles in life. He said, “The Church also wishes to listen to your voice, your sensitivities and your faith; even your doubts and your criticism. Make your voice heard, let it resonate in communities and let it be heard by your shepherds of souls.”
The forum to be aired in Canada features youth located throughout the country, including Vancouver, British Columbia; Calgary, Alberta; Windsor, Ontario; Toronto, Ontario; Montreal and Québec City in the Province of Quebec. They represent young people in a variety of age ranges and participation in the Catholic Church.
During his address to the young people Pope Francis encouraged them to be “weavers of relationships signed by trust, by sharing, by openness even to ends of the world. Do not raise walls of division: do not raise walls of division! Build bridges, like this extraordinary one that you are crossing in spirit, and that links the shores of two oceans. You are experiencing a moment of intense preparation for the next Synod – the Synod of Bishops – that concerns you in a particular way, just as it involves the whole Christian community.”
Airing on Canada’s Salt and Light Television on Sunday evening, October 22, 2017 at 7:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. ET / 4:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. PT, the program will also be live streamed on the Salt and Light website. The program will be repeated at 9:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. ET in French.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!