Fridays of Mercy are continuing in 2018!
According to the Holy See, today’s visit was carried out with great simplicity, the heads of the different departments of the hospital directly presenting their patients to the pope. The Sovereign Pontiff went from room to room visiting the sick children, embracing them and greeting their parents.
The Bambino Gesù Hospital, which has various separate facilities, belongs to the Vatican. It is the largest polyclinic and pediatric research center in Europe.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!