Juan Pablo spontaneously joined the holy day procession and the short clip has touched thousands.
The video of his kind gesture has since gone viral, garnering 3.6 million views and 83 thousand shares on social media.
“What does a child with a green soccer shirt do at the scene of Viacrucis in Monclova?” the caption (in Spanish) reads. “Remind us of the most sublime love, that of caring for others with mercy! His innocence, his overflowing love, and his Down syndrome challenge us today.”
With the value of living a life with Down syndrome so in doubt in recent times, these simple and beautiful moments testify to the gift of every human life and to the gift of diversity among our brothers and sisters.
You can watch the video below.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!