Juan Pablo spontaneously joined the holy day procession and the short clip has touched thousands.
The video of his kind gesture has since gone viral, garnering 3.6 million views and 83 thousand shares on social media.
“What does a child with a green soccer shirt do at the scene of Viacrucis in Monclova?” the caption (in Spanish) reads. “Remind us of the most sublime love, that of caring for others with mercy! His innocence, his overflowing love, and his Down syndrome challenge us today.”
With the value of living a life with Down syndrome so in doubt in recent times, these simple and beautiful moments testify to the gift of every human life and to the gift of diversity among our brothers and sisters.
You can watch the video below.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!