These photos highlight a saintly emperor, who strove to follow God’s will in everything.
He and Zita led a holy life together, maintaining their relationship in the midst of political turmoil and fostering a deep Catholic faith in their children. The day before their royal wedding, Charles said to Zita, “Now let’s help each other get into heaven.” That’s exactly what they did, with Charles on the road to sainthood and his wife following closely behind.
They are a great example for all married couples, especially those who belong (or will belong) to a royal family.
Here are several magnificent photographs of the saintly royal couple.
Click “Launch the slideshow” in the image below:
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!