A beautiful guide to these mysterious messengers.
Jesus himself confirmed this essential truth of the faith when he said, “See that you despise not one of these little ones: for I say to you, that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father who is in heaven” (Matthew 18:10).
However, we often overlook this reality and tend to think of guardian angels as “cute” stories we tell children so that they are not afraid of the dark. What we don’t realize is that our guardians angels are there right beside us, ready to help us and are continually knocking at the door, waiting for us to call upon them for aid.
So who are these heavenly beings? Here is what you need to know.
Click “Launch the Slideshow” in the image below to learn more about these mysterious messengers.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!