A beautiful guide to these mysterious messengers.
Jesus himself confirmed this essential truth of the faith when he said, “See that you despise not one of these little ones: for I say to you, that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father who is in heaven” (Matthew 18:10).
However, we often overlook this reality and tend to think of guardian angels as “cute” stories we tell children so that they are not afraid of the dark. What we don’t realize is that our guardians angels are there right beside us, ready to help us and are continually knocking at the door, waiting for us to call upon them for aid.
So who are these heavenly beings? Here is what you need to know.
Click “Launch the Slideshow” in the image below to learn more about these mysterious messengers.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!