If you’re over 50 and looking for meaningful connections, check out this club.
Or maybe you think of too much time alone, or the difficulty you may have connecting with others?
Well, if you’re an adventurous people-lover over 50, The Freebird Club may be right up your alley. Italy, New York, Australia, Mexico, France — whether you want to travel or host, their members get the opportunity to meet new, like-minded people from all around the globe.
“It’s a bit like Airbnb for seniors, but a much more social version of it,” founder Peter Mangan says. “Uniquely, the host is always present during the stay, because it’s really about companionship. This is about people matching with people.”
The Freebird Club allows senior citizens to either host fellow members in their own city or travel to stay with a member and experience their city. Whether you choose to stay close to home or visit a new country, you’re sure to find companionship, connection, and adventure.
You can find out more in the video above.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!