These photos reveal the humble shepherd children behind the prophetic visions of Fatima.
The contents of those visions were seen as surprisingly prophetic and many around the world have been drawn to God through a renewed devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary that these visions promoted.
Here are several rarely seen photographs of these children, highlighting the reality that God prefers to work through the weak and lowly of society to communicate his messages.
Click “Launch the slideshow” in the image below:
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!