These young people were not afraid to give their entire selves to Jesus Christ, no matter what their peers said.
It is an alarming statistic, one that can cause despair if seen in the wrong light, thinking that the youth are forever lost.
The good news is that young people in every generation have discovered the emptiness of the world’s allurements and chosen to boldly live out their Christian faith no matter what their peers would say.
If you need any convincing, check out these 11 heroic saints who all died in their 20s. They went “all in” on Christ and embraced Catholicism with every fiber of their being. They didn’t see rules as a hindrance, but found the Church’s laws gave them true freedom to be who they were meant to be.
Click “launch the slideshow” in the image below:
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!