His words about charity are some of the most difficult to follow.
On this topic, Jesus gave us a wealth of maxims to live by, and he challenges each one of us to incorporate them into our very being. Jesus hopes that we will take them seriously and strive to live up to them each and every day of our lives.
Below are several passages from the Gospels that invite us to examine how we exercise charity towards those we encounter.
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!