If you are struggling to remain pure in body and soul, pray this prayer.
This has left many of us with a flood of lustful thoughts that constantly tug at our soul, luring us to commit further sins against our God-given sexuality.
Only through the power of God and a life wedded to the sacraments of the Church can we conquer these thoughts and banish them from our minds. We need all the help we can get to walk away from the slavery of sin and embrace the freedom found in a life of virtue.
One prayer that has proven to be effective in this spiritual battle is the “Prayer of St. Thomas Aquinas for Purity.” Aquinas had his own struggles with purity during his lifetime and turned to God for strength and relief. God provided and allowed him to remain strong in the face of temptation.
I know that every perfect gift,
and especially that of chastity,
depends on the power of Your providence.
Without You a mere creature can do nothing.
Therefore, I beg You to defend by Your grace
the chastity and purity of my body and soul.
And if I have ever sensed or imagined anything
that could stain my chastity and purity,
blot it out, Supreme Lord of my powers,
that I may advance with a pure heart in Your love and service,
offering myself on the most pure altar of Your divinity
all the days of my life. Amen.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!