When parents actually want their children to imitate an older brother or sister …
In that case, parents will heartily say, “Be like your older brother!”
Throughout history there have been countless examples of sibling saints, brothers and sisters being inspired by each other’s saintly example, choosing to follow Christ with their whole being. It’s how siblings are meant to influence each other, growing together in an intimate bond of holiness. Outside of their parents, siblings are the most influential people in a person’s life and can have a profound impact that will endure throughout their entire lives.
Here are a few examples of such positive influences, showing how holiness can spread within a family.
Click “launch the slideshow” in the image below:
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!