“Do you realize that Jesus is there in the tabernacle expressly for you — for you alone?”
St. John Vianney was famous for saying, “After the Consecration the good God is there as He is in heaven. If men really knew this mystery they would die of love. God has to spare us because of our weakness.”
Throughout the centuries many other saints had similar sentiments, struck with awe at the amazing gift of the Eucharist. For many of them gazing at Our Lord hidden in the Eucharist was one of their most cherished activities and they always took advantage of time spent in adoration.
Here are several profound sayings of the saints that help us appreciate this great gift to humanity.
Click on “launch the slideshow” in the image below:
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!