This man could be advertising his own business; instead he uplifts and inspires people.
Every week Trout changes the sign, which overlooks the I-95. “I’ve gotten letters from people saying it saved their lives when they were in a dark place, and it inspired them to rethink what they were doing,” he says.
Many in the community now look forward to seeing the new billboard on their commute each week, and Trout looks forward to how his small messages of hope can uplift someone.
“It is something to look forward to,” Trout said. “I know the messages have touched people driving by on the highway, and it has made a difference in people’s lives.”
But Trout doesn’t come up with the messages all on his own. He takes suggestions, too. If you’re a Floridian and want to make a suggestion, you can do so here.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!