On his feast day, check out how the 12th-century friar’s words resonate today.
Having abandoned a life of wealth to serve Jesus, Francis knew many of life’s temptations and difficulties, which is reflected in his Peace Prayer. His example encourages us to simplify our lives and put God first, which leads to a peaceful and more meaningful life.
If you click on the launch slideshow below you’ll see how St. Francis’ centuries-old advice — some of it directly from him, much of it inspired by his spirit — still resonates strongly today …
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!