The pope weighs in on sex and sexuality.
A perhaps unlikely commentator has recently weighed in on the topic. According to Pope Francis, “Sexuality, sex, is a gift from God. Not taboo.”
He continued, “It is a passion; it is passionate love. True love is passionate. It leads you to give your life forever. Forever.”
Perhaps it is the deep passion of love of which we are so afraid. Whatever the reason, the pope is encouraging us to turn our attention instead to reflecting on our sexuality as a gift– a gift given for a purpose.
Watch the whole video below.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!