It is a powerful devotion that has many special graces attached to its faithful recitation.
The Chaplet was introduced by Venerable Marguerite of the Holy-Sacrament, a French Carmelite nun who lived in the 17th century. It is believed that Marguerite had a vision of Jesus and he gave her this chaplet, promising special graces to those who recited it in faith.
Marguerite had a special devotion to the Infant Jesus throughout her life and encouraged all people to develop a similar devotion. She once said, “Consider the Child Jesus in the Crib, small and helpless, who is giving himself entirely to you …The Holy Infant Jesus has more care of our souls and our needs than we would have ourselves.”
Here’s how to pray the special chaplet.
Begin with the following prayer
Divine Infant Jesus,
I adore Thy Cross
and I accept all the cross
Thou wilt be pleased to send me.
I offer Thee
for the glory of Thy Holy Name of God,
all the adorations of the Sacred Heart
of the Holy Infant Jesus.
Then recite the “Our Father” 3 times in honor of the Holy Family
Before each “Our Father” say, “And the Word was made flesh and dwelt amongst us.”
Recite 12 “Hail Marys” while reflecting on the childhood of the Infant Jesus
Similarly, before each “Hail Mary” say, “And the Word was made flesh and dwelt amongst us.”
At the end of the chaplet pray, “Holy Infant Jesus, bless and protect us.”
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!