Their Christmas gift this year was a home and a family.
The kids wanted to share their story to give hope to other children who might be struggling in foster care. “It feels so great knowing we have a family now and won’t have to go anywhere else,” Dawson Hawthorn said.
“This is a blessing. They are a blessing,” Terri said. “Every day these kids wake up and they are giggling and they are happy, and you see the smiles on their faces. That’s what makes this worth it. We hope this will give other opportunities and people will consider opening their homes to foster care and adoption.”
You can find out more in the video above.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!