St. Mary of the Angels recreates the mystical experience of traditional churches through organic modern design.
But in Rotterdam, Catholic architecture met contemporary design giving rise to one of the best examples of modern Catholic style. The hypnotic curves of St. Mary of the Angels, built in 2001 inside the Catholic Cemetery of St. Lawrence, are at once contemporary and eternal.
To visit this modern Catholic jewel, take bus number 38 from Rotterdam Central Station and get off at the “Nieuwe Crooswijkseweg” stop. St. Lawrence cemetery and the Chapel of St. Mary of the Angels are on your right.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!