Place yourself in Mary’s arms as you fall asleep.
One way to fall asleep in peace is to entrust yourself to the Virgin Mary, the Heavenly Mother of us all. Similar to the way our own mother might have put us to sleep during our childhood, the Blessed Mother is here to calm our fears as we lie in our beds.
Here is a brief prayer that can vocalize this reality and bring peace to your soul as you look up at your Heavenly Mother and her loving gaze.
O Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of mercy, pray for me, that I may be preserved this night from all evil, whether of body or soul. Blessed St. Joseph, and all ye saints and angels of Paradise, especially my guardian angel and my chosen patron, watch over me. I commend myself to your protection now and always. Amen.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!