If you find yourself restless at bedtime, pray this short Psalm.
When faced with such a situation, it is best to place yourself in the arms of God, who is the ultimate giver of peace. One way to do that is to pray the following Psalm. The psalmist gives thanks to God for the blessings he has been given and then places his trust in God, knowing that in God he is secure. This is one of the most essential keys to finding peace in our own lives. If we cannot trust God and his plan for our lives, we will never be truly at peace.
Answer me when I call, my saving God.
When troubles hem me in, set me free;
take pity on me, hear my prayer.
Many say, “May we see better times!
Lord, show us the light of your face!”
But you have given my heart more joy
than they have when grain and wine abound.
In peace I will lie down and fall asleep,
for you alone, Lord, make me secure. (Psalm 4:2,7-9)
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!