Whether it’s at home, work or school, invoke God’s blessing before a new undertaking.
However, God is always there at our side, ready to give his blessing that will strengthen us. He wants to help us, but we need to be humble enough to ask him for help. It requires an interior acknowledgement that whatever project we are doing, whether it’s at home, work or school, can only be accomplished through his power.
Below is a prayer from the St. Vincent’s Prayer Manual that can help orient our hearts toward God and give him the wheel for our next major project. We may not always want to do that, but when we do, he will be with us every step of the way.
I come to thee, Jesus, before I commence this undertaking, to consecrate it, through thy hands, to the glory of thy eternal Father, and to implore thy succor, that it may be executed in the manner most agreeable to him. Thou knowest, that, without thee, I can do nothing: grant me, then, the necessary assistance to accomplish the will of thy heavenly Father, to observe faithfully all the laws of justice, and keep myself free from sin in the execution of this undertaking; or rather, take the charge of the whole upon thyself. Conduct it by thy wisdom; execute it by thy power, and bring every thing to a happy issue, through thy infinite goodness, to the glory of thy Father, and to the eternal salvation of my soul. Amen.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!