Hint: Have you considered her role in the first disciples’ faith?
Well, consider this reflection from St. Josemaria Escriva:
If our faith is weak, we should turn to Mary. Because of the miracle at the marriage feast of Cana, which Christ performed at his Mother’s request, his disciples learned to believe in him (John 2:11). Our Mother is always interceding with her Son so that he may attend to ur needs and show himself to us, so that we can cry out, “You are the Son of God.”
It was through the Virgin Mary that Jesus’ first followers came to believe in Him. Why should it be any different now?
So, when plagued by doubts, or when your faith simply doesn’t seem to be enough to confront the mountains before you, call on Our Lady!
This reflection is taken from Holy Rosary. Read more about this little booklet of meditations here:
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!